Good Reasons To Join the LVA
- Legal Advice: Access to a licensing solicitor for free advice and preferential rates if legal action is necessary
- Licence Applications: Your committee will formally object to any application which they feel would be a disadvantage to their members.
- Meetings: You will receive a copy of the minutes of the monthly meetings keeping you informed.
The meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month and you are welcome to attend.
- Social: We hold a Banquet and Ball every autumn.
This is an excellent opportunity to meet colleagues and Trade Representatives, which is attended by members of the Association and members of the Allied Trades.
- Pub Watch: We have regular meetings with the Police which runs in line
with East Herts BAND Initiative Scheme, to keep you informed of any troubles
which may occur in our pubs.
- Special Discounts: Competitively negotiated rates from waste bins to electricity etc.
- Licensing Sergeant: The Association has a good working relationship with
the Licensing Sergeant, who attends our monthly meetings to inject Police input
and answer any questions members may have.
- Parlimantary Voice: We have access to our local MPs to put to them any national and local matters affecting our trade.
Download the "Reasons to join the LVA" flyer. (Requires Adobe Acrobat reader )